Facts & Figures
Cleveland Clinic by the numbers
- Patient visits: In 2019, we had 10 million total visits; 309,000 admissions; and 255,000 surgical cases.
- Employees: We have 67,500 employee caregivers, of which 4,500 are physicians and scientists and 14,500 are nurses. With 20 patient centered institutes providing care in 140 subspecialties, patients come to us from all 50 states and 135 countries around the world.
- Locations: We are home to a 170-acre main campus (with 59 buildings), 11 regional hospitals and 19 full service family health centers throughout Northeast Ohio; and we have locations in Florida, Nevada, Toronto and Abu Dhabi.
- Research and education: We have 1,974 residents and fellows in training and 104 accredited training programs.
- Cleveland Clinic serves the community by providing uncompensated health care to those in need, engaging in a broad range of medical, research, education and training programs, and supporting community health initiatives. In 2017, our community benefit contribution totaled $907 million.
- On average, our Critical Care Transport team makes more than 6,000 transports a year and has transported people from around the nation and from 27 countries.
- Cleveland Clinic has been a leader in developing an electronic medical record (EMR). MyChart is a secure, online health management tool that connects Cleveland Clinic patients to portions of their personalized health information.